Deep Tissue Massage Coventry
- Our therapists are highly experience
- Yet we are very courteous and polite
- Be assured, you can only meet a well trained and professional masseur/masseuse
To determine plan that is right for you
100% refund guaranteed
Deep tissue massage usually focuses on the main areas of discomfort, usually the back, shoulders, neck, legs, and buttocks. However, it is used for joints (such as elbows) and tennis elbows (such as plantar fasciitis). With the increase in the pressure of the massage, there will be a relief of pain and discomfort caused by injury and stress. If you are worried or under pressure, a deep tissue massage will help relieve the pressure that you have in your body which weighs you down.
Deep tissue massages usually last for about 60-90 minutes. This is an intensive massage technique, but you will normally not feel any pain.
How Does Deep Tissue Massage Work?
Before receiving a deep tissue massage, your massage therapist will want to find out the areas of your body that are painful or uncomfortable. As such, this kind of massage may involve only one area of your body or your entire body.
When you’re ready, you’ll be asked to lie down under a sheet on your stomach or back. Your level of undressing depends on how comfortable you are with it, but the therapist needs to work on an area that is bare.
The massage therapist gently warms the muscles using light touches. As you warm up, they begin to address your problem areas. Your therapist will knead deeply and stroke under different intense pressures.
After Massage Care
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your deep tissue massage after your session:
- Drink a lot of fluids: Drinking plenty of water after a massage will help you stay hydrated, increase circulation, and flush out toxins. However, avoid alcohol or caffeine.
- Eat something healthy: It is normal to feel a little hungry after a massage. Eat a healthy fruit salad or rainbow salad that contains protein.
- Take your bath: A warm bath will help if you are feeling sore. If the area of injury is a little painful, it is recommended to use an ice pack.
- Relax and unwind: Get some sleep or raise your legs for a drink and listen to good and relaxing music. This will help relax the muscles. Don’t go straight to sports or exercise, instead set aside at least 24 hours to allow your body to benefit from the massage.
Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage
The advantages of deep tissue massage lie in the areas of physical and mental health. Most massages focus only on relaxation. Deep tissue massage can provide these benefits, but it also helps in terms of relieving pain and stiffness. The major benefits you can get from a deep tissue massage are
Helps in sleeping
Removal of scar tissue
Lowering blood pressure
Treatment and healing
Is Deep Tissue Massage Right for Me?
While massage therapy is generally safe, deep tissue massage uses a lot of pressure and may not be safe for everyone.
Talk to your doctor before massaging a tissue if:
- You have a medical history of bleeding disorders or issues blood clotting
- Take blood thinners
- You have bleeding disorders
- You have a tumor or you are getting cancer treatment like chemotherapy or radiation
If you have any type of open wound or skin infection, you need to fix your deep tissue massage session for another time to prevent a new infection or stop an existing infection from getting worse.